This article will teach you how to identify the age of the dog by external signs. It will be useful to you in case no initial data on the dog you do not have. You will learn the most popular and most accurate way to determine how many years or months the four-legged friend lived. And also see photos explaining how to determine the age of dogs on the state of the teeth.
What you need to know what age dogs
- If you picked the dog from the street, you need to calculate when it is better to vaccinate a new friend.
- If you want to sterilize a new friend, then you also need to know when it is better to do.
- If you want to choose a good time for increments.
- If you are an employee of an animal shelter, then for the design of a dog you need to know its approximate age.
All methods for calculating the age of the dog below are conditional, and best use an integrated approach to this issue.
When they talk about determining the age of a dog, then 4 periods of their lives are distinguished:
- Puppies up to six months.
- Young individuals from six months to 2 years (correspond to human adolescent age and up to 25 years old).
- Mature individuals from 2 to 7 years.
- Elderly dogs after 7-9 years (depends on the breed).
More precisely, the age can be determined only in the teeth, all other methods are more supported and specify a dental picture.
Method number 1. On the teeth
This is the most accurate and common method. They enjoy all - and veterinarians, and workers of animal shelters. You can use if necessary and you. To understand how to determine the age of dogs on the teeth, carefully examine the table.
|Age||Condition of teeth|
|From birth to 2-3 weeks||There is no teeth.|
|3-4 weeks||Dairy hooks and fangs.|
|4-5 weeks||Milk cutters are dispersed.|
|5-7 weeks||The rest of the milk teeth come out.|
|2 months||There is a whole set of dairy teeth.|
|From 2 to 4 months||Change of hooks and front cutters with dairy per constant.|
|3 - 5 months||Changing medium cutters.|
|4 - 6 months||Change of dairy rear teeth to the root.|
|Half a year||The latter falls out milk fangs, indigenous fangs grow in their place.|
|1 year||White-touch teeth with tubercles (for more mature age, these hillocks are determined).|
|2 years||The tubercles on the lower hysteries begin to noticeably wrap. But the teeth are still white and beautiful.|
|4 years||Erasing the tubercles on the upper hooks. The teeth themselves lose the snow-white brightness, a little dull.|
|5 years||Erasing the tubercles on all the cutters. The teeth acquire a yellow shade, can begin to form a dent stone.|
|6 years||The cutters did not just lose the hillocks, but also begin to change the form - become more concave (abrade). Teeth color frankly yellow.|
|8-10 years old||The teeth are very erased. Fangs stupid. The color of the enamel is yellow. Toothstone - widespread phenomenon.|
|Over 10 years old||Teeth are flaw and even fall out. Caries can affect many teeth. Blind bite.|
Following this table, if you need to understand how to determine the age of the dogs up to a year, it is enough just to consider what teeth have a young individual in stock. If you need to know how old an adult dog, then look at the state of the teeth, their color, the presence of tubercles (they have a kind of trident) and signs of caries and a dental stone.
To visually it was clear how to determine the age of the dog's teeth, consider carefully the picture below. You will see how the tubercle begins on the lower cutters in two years, as a three-year tubercle disappears on the upper cutters. See how the teeth of dogs between the ages of 4 to 6 years are abrained, as well as how the distance between the teeth changes.
Method number 2. According to the muscles
There is another way to approximately to define the age of the dog as a result of an external inspection. This is the feeling of animal musculature.
- If the elastic muscles are felt at hand, the pet is young. Like a person, he is full of strength and energy. Most likely, he will be constantly in motion, and he will need not much time on vacation.
- If, when feeling felt felting muscles or even signs of obesity, then, most likely, you already have an elderly animal. It is necessary to make a digression and say that the dog is considered an elderly from the 8-9 year of life (if we translate into human years, it is approximately more than 60 years old). Such an animal will sleep more than to act. Corn can be tested on the bibs of the joints. The stomach is lowered.
Method number 3. According to the state of wool
You can explore the animal wool. Of course, too many factors affect the condition of the wool (and the living conditions, and the suffered diseases, and psychological condition, and food), but, in principle, the main age can be called.
- If the wool is soft, "fluffy", then before you puppy with age up to 1 year.
- If the wool is "adult", silky, shiny, then a dog is young - no more than 2-3 years.
- If there are gray hair in the wool, there is no shine, or even the wool is not homogeneous, then a dog is not young. And the dull hairproof, the greater the age. Sedin in the face of the muzzle appears in 6-7 years.
However, it is necessary to understand that "bad" wool can be the result of a bad care or a serious disease. Also, gray can also appear in young individuals.
Method number 4. By the eyes
You can try to determine the age of dogs by looking into her eyes.
- A young dog has a clear, clean with a chick. Problems with eyes are rare, especially with proper care.
- An elderly dog eye becomes "muddy", more deeply planted. The frequency of eye disease is very high.
All listed features are best evaluated in the complex, then you can determine the age with an accuracy of the year. Unfortunately, to find out how many years and months the dog will not work more.
Tell me, and your pets show signs of aging as described in this article. Or are they to deep old age remain the same as in his youth?
With different life situations, there is a need to establish the age of the dog. Knowledge of the number of years is necessary both for medical manipulations and to determine the further fate of the stray or abandoned animal. You can establish age in various ways that are considered further.
Methods for determining the age of the dog
Depending on the status of a pet - home it or stray - methods may vary.
To determine the number of years (months), you can apply:
- visual method (contactless inspection);
- According to official documents;
- study of the physical condition during inspection;
- Calculated: bringing the age of an animal to compare to human standards.
This method of assessment is used if there is no possibility to carry out a full inspection of an animal or when a meeting with aggressive, presumably stray, ps. The right definition of age will allow to build a proper behavior with a dog, which will vary for a young puppy, expressing the desire to play or with the elderly dog, who could have changes in the psyche.
At visual estimate, attention is drawn to the following features:
- Muscular tone. A young dog is an elastic, strong, roasted body, musculature is not yet developed, the chest is narrow. The adult empire is noticeably different, it has an extended chest, the bony, which is clearly visible in the area of the ridge, or overweight due to a low-lifestyle, can also be celebrated by gray on the face.
- Activity. If the movements are energetic, then the dog is young. Difficult movements are characteristic of the elderly.
- The wool has a young individual is thinner and soft, and in an adult is often thick and rude.
- The eyes of young animals are clear and bright, with age, they become dull and muddy.
Study of the physical condition of the dog when inspecting
If it is not possible to determine the age of dogs on documents or there are doubts about the reliability of the dates, then the number of years (or months) can be determined by the state of the teeth.
Inspection of teeth
In case of inspection, grazing attention to the following:
- Dairy teeth or constant. The first colors of low-fat milk and pointed, the second with their tone resemble a mixture of milk with cream, they are with rounded edges.
- The presence of front cutting teeth (cutters).
- The size of the fangs, molars and premolars.
Age in 2-3 months is characterized by a complete set of dairy teeth: cutters, fangs, premolars, molars. In 4 months, the distance increases between the incisors, they begin to stagger and change to constant teeth. In 5, adult constant cutters cut forward (adjacent to the fangs a little longer than them, because constant fangs are just beginning to cut through).
6 months - fangs continue to grow, their size slightly exceeds the neighboring cutters, the teeth are changing to constant. This age is always easy to determine. The determining indicator is the size of the fangs that are just starting to exceed the cutters.
7 months - fangs almost ended their growth (80%). The teeth at this age were replaced by permanent. 8-10 months - fangs completely left, teeth are relatively clean and smooth.
1 year - all the teeth took their final position. They are constant and completely grew, externally - powerful and round, clean and white.
1-3 years - at this age there is a slight erasing of the incisors. Many dogs are yellowing indigenous teeth, it is possible to form a dental stone.
In 3-5 years - noticeable, and in 5-8 significant erasing of the upper and lower incisors. The overall yellowing of all teeth and premolars wear. On the upper molars - the deposits of the dental stone. There are chips (this may be the consequences of bone outgrowths or hobbies with rigid items during the game). Disen diseases are possible, lack of teeth.
Evaluation of the development of dog teeth to determine the age - the method is quite accurate if the animal does not have bad heredity and is not enjoying the non-heating bone.
Analysis of external parameters
Another Dog inspection parameter is its size.
Depending on the breed, it can be assumed, an animal growth ended or not. If the dog continues to grow, then its age is one year or about one and a half.
Small breeds finish an increase of 12, and large to 18-24 months.
Note age in documents
By purchasing a thoroughbred puppy, the owner receives a pedigree registered in a cynological organization with information about the ancestors, indicating the date of birth, nickname, stigma or chip. Acts should be available on the viscosity of tribal dogs and about the inspection of the baby.
In the veterinary passport, the doctor makes information about the birth date of the animal, the contact details of the owner and marks on the presented preventive measures.
Comparison of the age of a dog with human
Any owner is interesting to hold a parallel between the age of a pet and a person. So people are easier to understand the well-being of the animal and evaluate his physical opportunities.
The average life expectancy of dogs is 10-12 years old. Naturally, they grow up and grow faster people.
If a puppy is rapidly developing to 12 months and the age of a fifteen-year-old adolescent corresponds to the end of the period, then 2 years can be equated to 24 human years.
Next, depending on the weight of the animal, each year is added:
- for small and medium breeds (up to 22.5 kg) - 5 years;
- for large breeds (up to 45.5 kg) - 6 years;
- For gigantic (more than 45.5 kg) - 7 years.
This, of course, an approximate calculation and it may not take into account the characteristics of a particular breed.
For full information about the age and state of the dog, it is best to contact the veterinary clinic. The doctor according to the results of a comprehensive inspection or analyzes (if necessary) will be able to assess the condition of the animal and its real age.
If you took a dog from the shelter, picked up an adult animal on the street, acquired a stupid puppy without documentation to organize the right care, you need to know how much the dog is. Determine the age of four-legged friends can be different methods. The most reliable is the analysis of the state of the animal teeth.
Dental formula dogs
In healthy dogs that do not have chronic pathologies, congenital defects of only 42 tooth (20 on the upper jaw and 22 on the bottom), which differ in appearance, purpose.
Important! In some dogs, the number of teeth can be greater (polyudontics) or less (Olifonal).
Teeth are divided into premolars, molars, fangs, cutters.
- The cutters call the first six teeth on the upper and lower jaws. Two front teeth - hooks, on the right and left of them are medium cutters, then extreme (paint).
- Behind the cutters are fangs (two on each jaw). These are the longest, sharp teeth in dogs.
- Two groups of indigenous teeth - molars (4 on the top, 6 on the lower jaw), premolars (four on each side) are located immediately behind the fangs.
- To determine the amount of teeth in dogs, branching uses a tooth formula. Each tooth has an alphabetic designation. K - Klyk, P - Cutters, P - Premolars, M - Molars.
The tooth formula of adult dogs is as follows:
- Upper jaw: P-6, K-2, P-8, M-4;
- Lower jaw: P-6, K-2, P-8, M-6.
How to determine the teeth age puppy
Puppies are born not only blind, but also absolutely toless. The first dairy teeth (fangs, hooks) cut through the third or fourth week of life. The first fangs appear, then medium cutters and molars.
A complete set of dairy teeth (28 pieces) is celebrated by puppies at 1.5-2 month old age, of course, if the animals do not have congenital pathologies, we grow normally, develop. At this age, the peguings of the teeth are snow-white or with a cream tint, small, but very sharp. Located as close to each other.
Important! If, until two months, the baby did not cut through all the teeth, this indicates a violation of development, health problems.
- In 2.5- 4 months there is a change of front hooks, cutters.
- From 3 to 5 months, premolars are changing (medium cutters).
- Until six months, the puppy should change the glands, after half a year new permanent fangs should appear.
In dogs, like a person, the teeth change once in their lives. Puppies change milk teeth from 2 to 6-7 m, a maximum of 8 months. At this time, the puppies are concerned, try everything "on the teeth." It is possible to reduce the appetite, an increase in temperature.
To 4.5-5 months adults cutters, the first premolars appear, the molars, for the sixth - fangs, the second and fourth premolars, the second molars. By 7 months - third molars.
Fully all the indigenous teeth in the amount of 42 pieces of the dog in normal development should appear by the year.
Determine the age of adult dogs
In young, adult dogs to determine an approximate age, pay attention to the degree of dental tubercles.
On indigenous teeth, cutters there are specific bulbs, resembling the appearance of the trillery. As the dog growled, they will gradually disappear.
Definition of age on the injury of dental tubercles:
- At one and a half year old, two-year dogs are hooks on the hooks and on the lower jaw, wiped. Snow white enamel.
- In 3.5- 4 years, the dog is erased by tubercles on the upper horses. Dental enamel acquires a matte hue. A bit erasing the tops of the teeth.
- In 4.5-5 years, the dogs must be completely erased by tubercles from all the incisors. Emale of a yellowish shade. The ends of the fangs are dump.
- In six-year dogs, the cutters acquire a more concave form. There is a slight deformation of the bite.
- At the age of 8-9 years, the dental crowns are wiped, the ends of the fangs are stupid, their length decreases. Tooth color yellowish.
- In adults, 10-11 summer dogs are broken, the process of indigenous teeth is bent. The first teeth fall out on the lower jaw. It is possible to develop dental diseases (paradontosis, caries, dental).
- In dogs, in 11-12 years old, the teeth are walking, they have yellow, fall on the upper and lower jaws. A flare appears, the dent stone is formed, crowns are erased.
- After 15 years - the complete loss of teeth, fangs.
Do you know the age of your pet? Tell us in the comments.
<< Put 👍 if you like the article. >>>
<<< Subscribe to the channel. >>>
<--- Thanks for reading my channel. --->
All you need to know about the age of dog
Dogs are one of the most devoted animals in the world, and are ready to accompany the owner everywhere. But, like all living things, they are aging. How does the pet age with the years owner correlate?
How to calculate the age of the dog in relation to man
How to relate the age of the dog in relation to man? The usual method is the ratio 1 to 7. . That is, it is assumed that 1Dog year Raven 7years of human life. However, such a comparison is not completely correct.
The fact is that the active phase of the attic of the animal passes at times faster than those of people. For two years, the pet carries out an unmatched jump. As a result, K. 24 months (for minor breeds to 12 months) the physical condition of the dog can be equal to 23-25 years Homo Sapiens.
It is this age that can be considered a point of equality in the bodily, physiological and sexual development of a dog and a person. Starting from that time, the application of formula 1: 7 to count the age of the dog seems more reasonable.
Table ratio of the age of dog and man
The ratio of the age of the dog and man can be represented in tabular form. Different coefficients are used to determine compliance. Multiplying the corresponding number at the age of the dog allows you to get the number of months (years) of a person.
How to independently determine the age of the dog
Many will ask why determine the age of the dog? This is important for several reasons:
- The age of the power, duration and intensity of walks, as well as the peculiarities of the care depends on age. So, feeding a puppy is carried out 5-6 times a day with small portions, and an adult dog eats no more 2 times a day . The kids are usually contained at home, a grudge pet requires regular walking. Caring for young people most often reduces to standard eye cleaning procedures and ears. To the older animal you need to show high attention.
- Information about the age is extremely important for vaccination. All vaccination activities are built on this. The implementation of the procedure with disorders sometimes leads to the sad consequences for the health of the dog.
- The age of the dog is a key aspect in sterilization and mating issues. This is especially true for exhibition animals, which are actively used in breeding. In these cases, in a professional cynological environment, it is customary to limit the mating of young (up to 2 years) and the elderly (over 6-8 years, depending on the breed) of pets.
In order to provide a dog a long and happy life, you must be able to determine its age. You can do it yourself.
Currently, almost all dogs have their own passport, where age is indicated, and marks about the vaccine events. This applies to both animals from the nursery and animals, which are contained in the shelters and overexpose.
In addition to the passport, it is possible to determine the age of the dog by assessing the state of teeth, eye, musculatures and wool. This is especially important in cases where there are reasonable doubts in the correctness of the age-specified age (some shelters, unfortunately, are underestimated by the age of "guests").
Age signs of the animal are visually observed. In general, the following classification of age groups is taken:
- Puppies (up to 2 months);
- Young dogs (up to 18 months);
- Adults (over 1.5 years).
The determination of age is possible to carry out, relying on several main criteria.
Calculation of the age of the dog's teeth is considered the most reliable and accurate method. Teeth are not only the main animal health indicator. The determination of the number of years according to the characteristics of the oral cavity gives the most correct result. The assessment is carried out in several parameters:
- Totten type - dairy or indigenous;
- Dental enamel thickness;
- Pulp state of teeth.
Teeth of a young animal - always white. Flip, inclusions are not observed. An additional indicator is the absence of unpleasant smell of mouth.
The age loss of teeth is very individual, and depends on the breed, general well-being and conditions of content. The main indicator in this period is the thickness of the dental enamel and the state of the pulp.
Aged 24 months to 5 years of change is small - Enamel is insignificant (mainly on the cutters), the teeth lose shine. After 5 years, the aging processes are accelerated and for 8-10 years old are pronounced.
The tubercles of the cutters are practically erased, the fangs are exhausted, the pulp softened, the yellowness of the teeth is noticeable to the naked eye.
The immediate loss of teeth begins with a 10-11 years in large breeds, and from 13-14 years in small rocks.
Video: How to find out the age of a teeth puppy
Animal's eyes can give additional information about age. . In this key, you can look at the brightness and "liveliness" of the eyes.
- Young pets have shiny, bright eyes.
- Oval clearly outlined.
Over the elderly looks completely different.
- Radiation is lost.
- Eyes look "sad", pathery, often get drunk.
- Flusted eyes, without behind and cheerful brilliance occur in older animals more often than young people. In addition to situations where a kind of disease is diagnosed with a pet.
It is important to conduct a daily inspection of organs of vision, since the above states may be a sign of the disease. In this case, you need to contact the veterinarian.
Crushed dogs can also tell a lot about her age. Strong, pronounced musculature indicates that the animal is "in full bloom."
Musculature of the dog gives an idea of the level of her physical maturity. Clearly "drawn" muscles indicate that the animal is in good shape. This is inherent in pets up to 5-8 years . Beginning with 8 years (For large dogs) muscle mass decreases. During this period, it is necessary to adjust the walking mode, eliminate active exercises associated with jumping and overcoming barriers. It is recommended to include special additives and vitamins that support the bone structure.
Wool itself can not give clear data about the age of the dog . The appearance of woolen cover depends on many factors - the time of the year (periods of molting), conditions of detention, pet breed (short-haired and naked can not be assessed on this basis). This is an additional tool. But it is often resorted when a comprehensive assessment of the state of the animal is carried out.
Wool is an additional factor in determining the age of the dog. Most often, gray hair serve as evidence of an elderly animal. First of all, they appear on the face.
The wool of young dogs usually glitters and is combed well. But any change in the appearance of woolen cover, as well as the eyes, requires special control. Hair loss can be a secondary symptom. If the pet has an alopecia, it is necessary to contact a specialist to identify reasons.
Age before which the dog grows
Dog development passes several stages. Growth rate is directly dependent on the breed.
- Small Dogs (decorative) finish growth to 6-8 months.
- Middle Animals are formed by K. 12 months . This class includes most hunting, shepherd and service breeds (bulldogs, setters, German shepherds, rottweilers). However, in contrast to small species, the development continues until 18-24 months . The main processes of the second year of life are associated with a set and strengthening of muscle mass.
- Large Breeds (mastiffs, some species of greyhound, dogs, Dobermans, Wolfhounds, Caucasian and South Russian Shepherds) are developing significantly slower than their fellow. Often in age 1.5 years old Dogs are disproportionate, and their behavior indicates a non-deformed psyche. They are unnecessarily playful and disobedient.
At the same time, two phases of formation are characteristic of all breeds. The active phase when the teeth change occurs until 4-6 months . After the emergence of indigenous fangs, the growth intensity is reduced.
When the dog stops being a puppy
The generally accepted torque of the puppy to the next step is to change the dentition (by 6 months). Education is accompanied by the following changes:
- The behavior of the pet changes, many negative habits disappear - the destruction of furniture, shoes, disobedience;
- In the diet, solid food is introduced (with natural feeding);
- The mode of walking is reduced to 2 walks per day;
- At the bitches comes the first temperature (6-12 months).
Other age features in pet life
In the process of life, the pet is also observed behavioral features at different stages.
- From the moment of birth up to 18 days Puppy helpless. He is blind, deaf, and completely depends on the mother. During this period, its main activity is nutrition. The purpose of his movement (crawling) is the search for milk.
- С 15 to 21 days Puppy gets the opportunity to see, hear. He runs, jumps, actively reacts to external stimuli. There is a formation of conditional reflexes, including defensive.
- Beginning with 3 weeks Puppy gains weight with a rapid pace, the mass of the brain increases.
- Period from 1.5 to 3 months It is considered the most important puppy traverse.
- К 12 weeks Mother's guard stops, and the baby goes down "under the wing" owner. It is important at this moment to immediately teach a pet to the rules installed in the house. Errors made in upbringing during this period can lead to serious problems in the future. This is especially true of watchdog and service dogs. The puppy needs to learn to respond to the nickname, as well as train the simplest teams - "place", "To me."
- The time of life S. 3 to 7 months - Period of formation of the nervous system. It is at this age that the behavioral type of the dog is determined - active or passive.
In the future, the nature of the pet varies slightly. Changes occur in older dogs. They become less contact, move little, sleep more.
Age at which the first temperature comes
The first flow in the bitches occurs during the period from 6 months For miniature dogs, up to 1 year Representatives of large breeds. In any case, it occurs after the complete change of teeth.
May leak imperceptibly. In order not to miss this moment, the owner must notice all changes in behavior. Often, dogs show aggression to males. This serves as one of the signs of puberty.
At what age you can sterilize a dog
- The question of the sterilization of the dog depends on whether the animal is planned to be used in breeding. If the answer is positive, sterilization seems appropriate in old age, starting from 7-8 years.
- In other cases, in order to avoid problems with unnecessary pregnancy at the bitches or excessive activity and aggressiveness in dogs, it is worth considering sterilization (castration) in the early stages of life.
Usually the bitches are sterilized before the first time. The age of female individuals at this moment can be from 6 to 12 months . Therefore, if such a decision is made, it is necessary to clarify the pre-clarification of the breeder the features of the first secretions from a particular breed.
The general recommendation for castration of males is that this procedure is carried out no earlier than 6-7 months. The main factor in determining the time is the binding to the sex ripening of the pet. In large dogs it can be fully completed 12-18 months .
Age of shifts of teeth
- The teeth begin to rub off the kids aged 12-14 days. By the end of 3 weeks of life, fangs cut through, and in 1 month there are usually the front cutters. Premolars appear the latter (the exception is small rocks, whose teeth are cut later).
- With normal development in 45-60 days after birth, a pet has a full range of dairy teeth (28 pieces). The process of changing the teeth to the root starts at 4 months and lasts from 2 to 4 months.
- The replacement occurs in another sequence than the appearance. First, the cutters, premolars and molars change. Milk fangs fall out last. It is important during this period to devote the increased attention of the oral cavity and, if necessary, remove the dissected teeth. This is the key to the proper formation of the bite from the dog. It must be scissor, that is, the upper fangs are completely overlapped with lower.
A full dental row in an adult dog is formed by 8-9 months and consists of 42 teeth (20 at the top, 22 on the lower jaw).
Features of elderly
An elderly age is characterized by a number of features:
- Medical nature (impairment of vision, weakening of the muscular structure, thinning of the teeth, the appearance of diseases - diabetes, obesity, arthritis);
- The behavioral plan (decline in activity, an increase in sleep time, the appearance of unfortunate lying).
During this period, it is recommended to transfer a pet for dry food (If earlier feeding was organized by natural products). You need to choose special feed for older dogs. They contain a complete set of vitamins and microelements that support the cardiovascular and bone animal bone system.
Photo - How the appearance of a dog with age
Dogs are able to change the quality of the owner's life for the better . In the power of the latter, to provide a pet adequate care of both in puppy age and during the period of natural aging.
Often, the dog falls into the family, without having documents. The pet is found on the street or receive from previous owners who did not care about the provision of the necessary information about the animal. In such options, the new owner has to make a maximum effort to learn how to determine the age of the dog. Knowing how old the pet, the dog breeding will be able to make the necessary events in a timely manner, which will allow to extend the life of the pet and save his health. There are several ways to determine the age of external features.
How to determine the age of the dog
Why define the age of the dog
- First of all, information about the age of the animal will come in handy when a visit to the veterinarian. Many diseases can develop only after the dog has lived a certain number of years. Pet age helps the doctor to establish a more accurate diagnosis and timely conduct the prevention of certain diseases;
Stripping from the age of a pet, the veterinarian will be able to make a diagnosis more accurate
- At vaccination, this information is no less important. Vaccinations are made only in accordance with age. Young animals put an annual vaccination. Adult individuals make this procedure once every two years. As the dog agrees, the time interval between vaccinations increases. This is due to the fact that the immune system is depleted and vaccine can harm the animal organism;
Vaccination is made taking into account the age of the dog
- For owners planning to get puppies from their dog, the knowledge of age is necessary to determine the best period for mating. Based on this parameter, learn whether the bitch is still suitable for breeding;
- You need information about age and sterilization. Some of the owners conducts such a pet procedure in the youth to avoid the appearance of puppies and inconveniences associated with the Gon period. Other owners are sent to the operation of more adult pets to extend their lives and avoid the risk of developing diseases inherent in age dogs. Conducting sterilization both at an early age and the elderly dogs may have a negative impact on their health. If the owner decided to sterilize the adult dog, it is better to operate it in 6-7 years;
Without knowledge of the age, the dog can not be searched for castration, which can harm the animal
- For volunteers adding dozens of different found in new families, the ability to determine the age of dogs on external features is one of the most important tasks. Transferring a dog to a new home, they try to give the most complete information about the animal new owners;
- The selection of the right diet is also directly dependent on the age of the dog. Even industrial feed is created based on this parameter.
Nutrition and caring for a dog must correspond to its age category
Life expectancy and age groups
Dogs live on average from 9 to 20 years. This factor largely depends on the size of the animal. Dogs of small breeds usually live to more old years than their major fellows. In short, all life cycle in giants dogs, such as mastiffs, dogs and senbernaras. There are three main groups that can be conditionally divided by all dogs:
- Adult representative of the species.
Formally, the dog can be considered a puppy for the first two months of her life
From the moment of birth and up to 8 weeks, the animal is considered a puppy. From this age to reach 18 months - young. Dogs older than this age are considered adults.
How to understand how many months puppy
The easiest way to figure out the age of the puppy, if we examine his teeth. This technique allows you to most accurately determine how much pets pets. The teeth of any dog change only once in life, as in humans. By the deadline for the appearance of certain milk teeth, you can determine how many months a puppy, and on the change of teeth to establish the age of a young dog.
The number of teeth puppy and adult dogs are different
At birth, the puppy is toothless. The first teeth appear by 20-25 days of life. At the age of one month, the front row of cutters and fangs are already fully formed. Up to reaching a puppy of two months, all other milk teeth grow up.
The indigenous teeth visually very easy to distinguish from dairy, which are significantly less and have more sharp edges.
When the puppy turns 3 months, the process of replacing the teeth begins. At the same time, dairy falls out in a certain order and new ones grow in their place. By six months, all the teeth have already changed. At seven months are formed indigenous in those places where there were no dairy. On this, the process of teeth formation of the dog is completed.
Slowing teeth in puppies
In a healthy adult dog, 42 tooth is normal, while puppies are only 28.
Table 1. The frequency of growth and replacement of teeth in a puppy
|The appearance of teeth||Age|
|Front row of dairy teeth||1 month|
|Side dairy teeth||2 month|
|Replacing the front cutters, hooks||2-4 months|
|Replacing side cutters, premolars||3-5 months|
|The growth of missing indigenous teeth||6-7 months|
The puppies of large breeds teeth tend to grow a little faster than that of small.
Dental replacement scheme is relevant under the condition of proper bite and normal status of the dog's health. If an animal has any diseases or it was kept in the wrong conditions, the rate of growth and replacement of teeth may differ from the norm.
Dental location scheme
Methods for determining the number of years of the years in an adult dog
In an adult dog, the accuracy of determining the number of years below the years is lower than that of puppies. In order for the information received as close as possible to the real position of things, several technologies are used simultaneously.
Definition of age for teeth
Definition on the teeth is the most common way to find out age. Over time, the condition and appearance of the teeth change and this allows, without any special problems, determine how old the animal.
Dog's teeth are changing over time
Accuracy in this case directly depends on the conditions in which the dog has previously contained and its diseases. Sometimes the error can reach up to two years.
After all the teeth are formed, they gradually begin to wear and change the color:
- In animals from the year to two edges, the teeth are sharp and have characteristic protrusions, in shape resembling a tribal;
- In 2 years, these tubercles begin to wear, but the teeth at the same time retain white color. By four years, the hillocks are already invisible. The teeth begin to fade, acquire a muddy grayish tint;
- In 5 years, the color of the teeth begins to change the yellow, fangs are gradually dulled. From 6 to 8 years, the cutters acquire a concave form, a clearly visible yellow flare appears. Fangs by this time completely dulled. In some cases, a stone appears on the teeth;
By five years, the worn out of dog teeth can be visible to the naked eye
- In 8-10 years, the dog's teeth acquire a pronounced yellow or light brown color, fangs are shortened and becomes less sharp. The hooks acquire the form of oval;
- After 12 years, the dog is in old age. During this period, the teeth may fall out, and the wrong bite due to disruption of the dental location. Some individuals are losing some of the teeth.
An old animal enamel acquires a brown shade
What depends on the deviation from the norm corresponding to age
Often, the erasure of the teeth can be slowed down or accelerated with the influence of some factors. Improper fixation of the jaws is one of the main causes of rapid abrasion. If the dog has initially formed a bite, the process is much faster. In determining the age, it should be borne in mind that with such a bite, the teeth are twice as fast. With submissions, on the contrary, the hooks on the lower jaw can be preserved almost in perfect condition.
The bite affects the speed of teeth abrasion
Dwarf breed dogs often appear lime deposits on teeth. This becomes the cause of their premature loosening and crowning, not appropriate age.
Food Dogs during life also has a great effect on the abrasion of teeth. Too firm food leads to rapid abrasion. Soft piercing food provokes the formation of dental stones, inflammatory processes in the oral cavity and cropping of teeth. Sometimes dogs tend to nibble unsuitable things, which also leads to acceleration of abrasion. In most cases, this happens in nurseries, where animals have a habit of gnawing the cells of the cell.
The state of the dog's teeth deteriorates if they are gnawing inappropriate objects
If the dog is forced to wear heavy items in the mouth, her teeth will be faster.
In the modern world, many veterinary clinics offer cementing services and strengthening dog teeth. If an animal in the past, a similar procedure was carried out, the abrasion speed would be significantly lower than in normal circumstances. Save teeth at best will help and procedures for cleaning the pet teeth, which can be carried out at home. About how such a cleaning occurs and how to set up a dog on the right way to tell further.
Clean your teeth dog
Another pathology that is not found too often, but it may be the cause of the wrong definition of age on the state of the teeth - these are not falling dairy teeth. In this case, a double row of teeth is formed and this affects the speed of abrasion.
Double row of teeth in dog
Additional methods for determining the age of a dog
If, according to the state of the teeth, it was not possible to obtain complete information, you need to look at other factors. They do not give such an accurate picture, but they can serve as additional parameters for clarification.
The assessment of the state of the wool is used only in the complex with other methods. As an independent way, it is often ineffective. A lot of factors can have influence on the state of the wool, among which are nutrition of dogs and caring for it.
Young animal wool smooth and brilliant
A young healthy animal has a soft silky wool, which becomes rigidity with age, becomes more dull and breaking. At old dogs, the wool has a knocked inhomogeneous structure, the dirt accumulates on it faster.
Gray hairs around the mouth and nose begin to appear in individuals older than 6 years. Some dogs begin to sit for 3 years. Most often, this is due to the peculiarities of metabolic processes in the body and pigmentation.
Sedina on the face is a faithful sign of an elderly dog
Puppies and young dogs have clear and brilliant eyes, with age they are becoming more turbid and dull. Some breeds in the aging deepen the landing of the eye. With age, vision in dogs decreases and tears can enhance.
Muscle tone and activity
Young dogs are more active. They are moving, always ready to play and run. Old animals prefer walks with a step and try to sleep a lot.
Most of the day, the elderly dog spends in a dream
When stroking, you can note a stronger and developed muscular frame of young animals. With the age of muscles become more damable. With a passive lifestyle, old animals are prone to obesity.
Video - How to determine the age of dogs on external signs
Ratio of age dogs with human years
It used to be the opinion that one dog year is equal to seven human. This calculation cannot be completely correct. Dog in different periods of his life develops with a different speed.
One human year is not always equal to seven dogs
From birth to one and a half years, the animal passes children's and teenage periods. That is, one and a half daughter year corresponds to 16-17 human. By two years, this is a fully developed adult animal, which is close to the achievement of the 25th anniversary man.
Since the third year, the development of a dog becomes much slower. From this time, the countdown 1: 7 is already more acceptable for the relationship. In any case, it is necessary to take into account the peculiarities of the breed and the size of the animal. Small dogs are growing much slower than their major conifers. Also life expectancy among small dogs longer than the representatives of giant breeds.
When calculating the age of an animal, it should be considered its dimensions
For small dogs, the calculation is acceptable, in which the year of the dog is equal to 5 years. For medium breeds, 1: 6 ratio is most suitable.
Good living conditions, proper nutrition and high-quality care can slightly slow down the aging of the dog. Pets living in warmth and comfort have a longer life cycle than their homeless fellow.
Table 2. The ratio of the age of the dog and man
|Pet age||Equality of the ratio of 1 year of the dog by the years of man in this period||Human standards|
|2 months||1: 7.||14 months|
|6 months||1:10||5 years|
The physical condition of the dog largely depends on the conditions of detention, hereditary and acquired diseases. Sometimes the age of the animal is difficult to establish on external signs precisely because of its exhaustion or health problems. In any case, the definition should be carried out using several methods that take into account different factors. Thus, the chances of getting a more accurate and reliable result increase.
Pet longevity is the result of the collaboration of the animal and its owner
To extend the life of your pet, you need to ensure the diet and care corresponding to its actual age. Regular visits to the veterinarian and timely treatment of diseases also have a great influence on the slowdown in the aging process and the extension of the life cycle of the four-legged friend.
Sometimes there is a need to independently determine the age of the dog. For example, you took a pet from a shelter without documents or picked up a homeless dog on the street. The question arose about its exact age. There are significant signs of any age in dogs suitable for each breed.
Why know age
The exact idea of the years will give the opportunity to:
- choose the correct care and approach to the pet;
- Do not miss the period of education and socialization of the puppy;
- know the need time for timely vaccination ;
- Determine the best velocity period for bitch;
- On time sterilize pet.
Ratio of age dogs with human years
Will you wonder how many years will your four-legged friend be translated into a human age? To get an equivalent pet age pet, it is necessary to simply multiply it to 7 or 6. Approximately it is. Compare: Denses overcome the front of the majority of the majority at a biennium when people need for this 18 years. At 18 months, the dog will feel as fresh and cheerfully as a person in 20.
On average, the dog lives under 12 years old. Numeral Depends on breed , quality of life, genetics and other factors. Translated into human years, this will be about 64-77 years. When the dog turns 16, it feels like a full-fledged 90-year-old resident of our planet.
There is another version. To obtain the age of a dog similar to the human, multipliers must be gradually changed. For example, when a puppy 2 months, his age is for 7, we get 14 human years. But already at the achievement of six-month age, the puppy sharply jumps in development and its age is already equal to 5-6 years old, since the multiplication ratio changes immediately by 10. 1 year equals 15 human years.
With 100% objectivity to compare the human and dog (or feline) age is impossible, so we are content with the calculations that are quite real.
We define the age of puppy
Learn how many months the puppy is not as difficult as an adult dog.
- The newborn puppy is possible to determine, barely looking at the four-side. His eyes are closed, there is no teeth. The puppy does not go, most of the time he sleeps. The baby is only quietly sick, to attract the attention of mom. With the help of the touch, he finds the nipples of the mother, it feeds on only breast milk. So it will remain about 2-3 weeks of life.
- After the first weeks, the puppy's eyes are gradually opening, but it still cannot fully see. Gradually, he distinguishes the sounds and smells.
- From the first month of life, the baby begins to walk and know the world around. Accurate age from month to year can be determined by The state of his teeth . Up to 2 months, the pet is only formed milk teeth. Starting from the second month of life, milk teeth are replaced by indigenous. Up to 1 year, the dog should fully form a fundamental teeth. Between 6 and 12 months at puppies begins puberty, the girls begins in the girls.
- From 1 to 2 years old, the dog is considered a teenager. Dogs of large and medium breeds at this age cease to grow. Puppies of large breeds continue to develop up to 2 years. Starting from the biennium, a pet is considered adults.
Determine the age of the dog is easy to teeth. Veterinarians and kennels most accurately determine the age of the animal precisely by the state of his teeth. Below is a complete table of the ratio of the number of teeth in the dog and its age.
|Age||Condition of teeth|
|From birth to 2-3 weeks||There is no teeth|
|3-4 weeks||Milk hooks and fangs are just beginning to cut through|
|4-5 weeks||Dairy cutters appear|
|5-7 weeks||The rest of the teeth are cut|
|2 months||There is all milk teeth|
|2-4 months||First, hooks and fangs change to the indigenous teeth|
|3-5 months||Average cutters change to indigenous|
|4-6 months||Dairy rear cutters change to indigenous|
|Half a year||Lastly, milk fangs fall out|
|1 year||White teeth, with tubercles|
|2 years||On the lower hysteries, the tubercles are gradually erased, but the teeth do not lose a beautiful view|
|4 years||The upper tubercles are erased, the teeth lose the brightness|
|5 years||Yellow raid on the teeth, possibly the formation of a toothache|
|6 years||Yellow teeth, erased, change the form|
|8-10 years old||Fangs stupid, teeth are very erased. Enamel is clearly yellow|
|Over 10 years old||Teeth are staggering and falling out, bite breaks|
According to external signs
Umbilical cord. The presence of umbilical cord says that the puppy recently appeared on the light. If the uterus is still fresh, a puppy is no more than a day. For 2 days, it dries out, and 3 is already separated from the belly of the dog.
Eyes. The puppy remains blind to 10-20 days of his life. Before the first month, the eyes should open. The muddy and gray-blue color of the iris inherent in the candle to the month. The clarity of the eye is inherent in dogs from month and older. It is worth paying attention to the dog view.
Ears. In the first days of life, the puppy hears anything. The first sounds of the baby will begin to recognize only after the second week of life, and to fully hear by the month. In the process of growing up the puppy grows ears.
The weight. Obviously, the weight of a small puppy will differ from the weight of an adult dog. There is a table of approximate weight of small and large breeds in all ages.
For dwarf rocks:
|A type||Newborn||4 weeks||Half a year||Year and a half|
|Dwarf||70-80 gram||200-230 gram||715-920 gram||1-1.2 kg|
|Little||90-100 gram||270-320 gram||1-1.2 kg||1.4-1.9 kg|
|Middle||120-130 gram||455-485 gram||1.6-1.8 kg||2.1-2.3 kg|
|Large||145-170 gram||540-650 gram||1.9-2.2 kg||2.4-3 kg|
For large and medium breeds, other parameters are presented. Knowing how much the dog should werself weigh in maturity, you can find out whether it reached the dog's majority.
With giant breeds, it is necessary to be particularly attentive, since their dimensions are developing very and very rapidly. Monthly labrador puppies weigh from 3.4 to 3.6 kg and grow up to 30-40 for two years. The weight of the 11-month Rottweiler can already reach 50 kg.
Age of adult
With accuracy to find out the number of years of the dog after three is considered more difficult. The fact is that the age of the dogs read mostly on the teeth. After the formation of all the indigenous teeth, no changes occur during the animal during a long time.
Fully dog develops for the second year of life. That dog, which reached not only sexual, but also behavioral maturity is considered completely matured. From a puppy, an adult dog is distinguished by changing the relationship in behavior with others.
How to determine the physical maturity of a dog? At SUK, sex maturity comes much earlier than that of a dog. At the age of 6-8 months, the first period begins in girls. If you noticed the flow in the animal, it means that it is exactly over 8 months old. It is important to follow her all this time and not to allow early pregnancy. For reproduction, only the girl who has already reached 18-monthly age. Boys also recommend crossing only at the achievement of the two-year-old age.
The elderly can be considered a pet that has achieved a seven-year-old age. Characteristic signs that the dog aged up:
- Pet is becoming less active, sleeps a lot, does not want to walk for a long time;
- Sedna on the face appears in a pet to achieve 6-7 years of age. It also happens that gray hairs are found in more young individuals;
- Worsening hearing and vision. Partial deafness;
- Temperament changes, the animal becomes more alienated;
- Decline in appetite;
- There is no sexual attraction and the desire to play and meets with other dogs;
- Frequent urge to natural need, problems with digestion.
The above features are the norm for an elderly dog. But if such oddities are noticed in the behavior of the animal, according to other signs of under the age of seven years, it may indicate of different kinds of diseases . Be carefull!
Little breeds up to 12 kg
Small breeds Live longer than others, on average, from 14 to 17 years. These include: Chihuahua, Toy Terry , Spitza , Yorkshire terriers, etc. People choose small pets, because they are funny, active, friendly and not angry.
Little dogs grow very quickly. Dwarf rocks reaches the peak of their physical development before the first birthday.
Middle Dogs up to 12-25 kg
Middle rocks are considered to be those that reach 10 to 25 kg of weight aged 1.5-2 years. To determine the dog's majority, take a look at the table below. Here are the most popular breeds and their ideal weight in maturity (+ - a couple of kilograms). To understand whether your dog has overcome the mark in 1.5 years of life, weigh it and compare with the table.
|Breed name||Weight of bitches, kg||Weight of males, kg|
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||21.||24-25|
Large from 25 kg
Large breeds Those whose weight is expected within 25-40 kg. Everyone who weighs is more considered giants. The formation of such rocks, like Rottweiler or German Shepherd, completely ends at the achievement of bilateral age. Puppies are already born in large, weighing 3-4 kg.
|Breed name||Weight of bitches, kg||Weight of males, kg|
On the teeth
The expert will first look at the state of the animal's teeth. According to the presence or absence of those or other fangs, you can find out the age of the puppy. The age of adult PSA is determined by the presence of all indigenous teeth and tubercles on them. Above the most complete table, which shows the conformity of the years of life of the animal and the approximate state of his jaws.
The lack of this method is that if the dog has a faulty bite or there are other jaw defects, the diagnosis becomes difficult.
According to the muscles
People with age weaken muscles. The same thing happens with animals, the older the dog, the more flushed and small ones become her muscles. The muscular tone is reduced, the skin loses its former elasticity.
The young animal the muscles can be patched even with light stroking. The young dog will be more competing and playing and playing, and the elderly pet will not show special superstitiousness and enthusiasm, since the forces have long been not.
According to the state of wool
Evaluate the years of the dog, leaning on the look of wool you need to last. It affects how the animal cared for, his health in general, the breed. Puppies up to 6 months hair fluffy and soft. Even a young dog can be very tough or gray wool, if the pet is not batted for a long time. By half the dog begins the first molting. Look at the face of the dog, usually gray manifests there.
By the eyes
The young and playful puppy in the eyes are alive, clear. Pet is ready for adventure, and joy in his eyes gives adventurism. With the arrival of old age, the eyes are nervous and fusk. Also, on the view, you can determine the diseases of the pet. If usually an active and cheerful dog behaves sluggishly, his look fades, it may be signs of illness. Keratitis glaucoma And other troubles.
For other features
On behavior. Little puppies love to be near mom. They do not depart from the mother, sleep, eat and play near, and puppies up to two weeks can not do anything on their own. From the month they are actively studying everything, go. From two months and older, the puppy is already rushing around the house and a drag is here, then there. By half of the minor rocks, puberty begins, large rocks ripen until the year. Character is formed about 4-5 months.
Barking. Bark puppy begins with 1.5-2 months of life. His voice is not so loud, but ringing and progress.
Reaction to sound. Puppies up to a month can not fully hear. If the puppy does not react to sound stimuli, or he has no 2 weeks - a month or he is deaf or has Problems with ears .
Briefly about the main thing
- You can find out the age of pet yourself, without the help of a veterinarian.
- First, look at the teeth, because by the state of the teeth you can most accurately say how old the dog.
- Do not rush to judge prematurely. For completeness of the picture, spend a full-fledged dog inspection. So you can objectively assess the situation and make the most accurate conclusion about its age.
Are we fully answered your question? If not, write your question in the comments below, and our specialist will answer it.
Did you like the article? Share her with friends in Soc. networks. This will help them get useful information and support our project.
On the exact date of birth of pets taken from the street or from the shelter, you can only guess. When examining such animals, veterinarians call only an approximate number of years, but it is quite enough for the owners of this information. If the visit to the vet is temporarily impossible, then there is no need to be in the ignorance in the expectation. Knowing how to determine the age of a puppy or an adult dog in teeth and other characteristics, you can easily cope with this task without help.
1. How to find out the age of the puppy
- on the teeth
- on the physique and behavior
2. How to find out the age of the dog
- on the teeth
- on wool
- in motion and activity
- By the eyes
3. Features of different breeds
- in small
- In large
4. Why know the dog age?
5. Stages of the life of the animal
- Little puppy
- End of growth
- Atoption of old age
6. The ratio of dog and human years
How to find out the age of the puppy
The most accurate diagnostic method is on the teeth. All other characteristics are used as additional. They are needed to clarify and reinforce the dental painting. A comprehensive assessment helps not be mistaken in the age framework in the presence of deviations from the norm: the perfect state of teeth or their premature falling.
On the teeth
Until a year, the teeth retain a snow-white shade. According to their appearance and quantity, the age of the puppy can be determined with a small error:
less than 3 weeks - lack of dentition;
3-4 weeks - the presence of dairy fangs;
4-5 weeks - fangs are complemented by cutters;
5-8 weeks - premolars cut forward behind the fangs;
2-4 months - milk row is present entirely or diluted with indigenous cutters, there are long distances between the dairy teeth due to the intensive growth of the skull and jaw;
4-6 months - fangs are added to the indigenous cutters (constant teeth larger than milk and are located close to each other);
6-7 months - the native row is replenished with premolars;
5-8 months - the amount of teeth is 42 pieces due to the appearance of 10 molars.
Another sign of a young animal is a clear hillside on Enamel. With adulthood, they are erased, so holes appear on the surface of the tooth.
On the physique and behavior
The first attempts to walk are made in 5-6 weeks. Until this time, the kids almost do not move and are located next to the mother.
The active height phase falls for 2-4 months. Puppies with interest study the world around us, sleep less and play a lot. Because of changing the teeth, they can nibble things and show aggression.
The hardest period begins with sexual maturation, that is, from six months to a year. Because of the jump hormone, the animal does not listen poorly, ignores the commands and shows interest in the opposite sex.
In addition to behavior, you should pay attention to the physique. Young pieces are well developed musculature and there is no leather flabby.
How to find out the age of dog
After learn how to find out how many years a dog, you can give her an approximate age without any assistance. Despite this, veterinarians recommend using another 2 methods - ultrasound and x-ray. These studies give the most accurate data on the state of internal organs undergoing changes in the aging of the body.
On the teeth
Aging changes in dentition depend on the conditions of content, breed affiliation and other factors. When examining a dog, it is necessary to pay attention to the thickness and color of its dental enamel:
1-2 years - snow-white teeth with clear tubercles;
2-4 years - the first signs of the darkening of the enamel, the presence of yellowness and scuffs;
4-6 years old - the tubercles virtually disappear on the cutters, there is a dent stone;
6-8 years - the presence of wells and severe yellow color;
8-10 years old - a large amount of tartar, strong scuffs and loss of fangs;
More than 10 years - bite disorder, lack of part of the teeth.
In the old age, the gums soften, leading to the sharpness of the entire dentition. Because of this, elderly dogs should be fed by wet canned food, porridge, minced meat and purricated vegetables.
Puppies have a soft and fluffy wool. Up to 3 years, it retains silkness and shine. From 6-7 years old, the first gray one appears on the muzzle, and the hairs gradually fade.
Please note that the premature color loss can be explained with stress, and worsening wool quality is the lack of competent care. Because of this, the appearance of the woolly cover is used only with a comprehensive assessment.
In motion and activity
Adult dogs require more time to rest. For a walk, they rarely run and move the impudent step. From 8 years, their muscle mass decreases. The skin loses its elasticity, and the passive lifestyle quickly leads to obesity.
By the eyes
Young dogs are distinguished by a clearly defined eye oval, as well as the brilliance and brightness of the iris. With the aging of the eyes, the eyes are nervous, they often will be watched and lose their familiar shade.
Features of different breeds
When determining the age of the dog, it is important to take into account its breed. Small, medium and large animals have a different life expectancy, which is reflected at the speed of their mature.
Little dogs (Spitz, Chihuahua, York) - long-livers. Paul ripening in such pets occurs early - in half a year. But the teeth are formed for a very long time - up to 11 months.
This group includes rocks reaching 10-25 kg (Sharpei, French Bulldogs, Cocker Spaniel). Their sexual ripening lasts up to 1.5 years, and the indigenous teeth appear by 9 months.
Ps, whose weight exceeds 25 kg, live less than everyone else. Despite the impressive dimensions, they remain puppies for almost 2 years. The average duration of their life is 8-10 years, so after a long phase of growth there is a rather fast aging of the body.
Why know the dog age?
All veterinarians and staff members know how to determine the age of the dog. The determination of the amount of years is necessary for:
drawing up graphics vaccinations;
preparation for sterilization or castration;
safe and efficient pairing;
Selecting the correct power and intensity of walking.
The estimated date of birth is fixed in a dog passport. After reaching 8 years, the pet health needs to be checked every six months so as not to miss the development of internal pathologies.
Stages of life of the animal
In all his life, the four-legged pet passes several stages. Each of them is accompanied by certain changes that reflect on behavior and peculiarities.
Up to 2-2.5 months puppy dependent on the mother, so during this period they are better not separated. Together with milk, he gets a passive immunity that protects the body before performing the first vaccination.
The lore is introduced after 6 weeks after birth, and after 2-4 weeks after that, four-legged kids vaccinate from the most common infections. At 2.5 months, puppies are taken from the mother and introduce new owners.
By 3-4 months put the latest mandatory vaccinations. After them, the pet can be laid out on the street. Previously teach him to nickname, place and toilet (diapers or tray).
Feeding frequency smoothly decreases to 3-4 times. For simplicity, it is recommended to decide in advance with the diet and adhere to only one feeding option: natural or dry.
Teenagers include hatched animals, ready for viscosity. Depending on the breed, interest in the opposite floor appears in 6-8 months. Despite this, the bitches allow for mating only on the third target, and males - when achieving 1-1.5 years.
From six months it is recommended to expand the program Trains . To do this, you will need to learn the ban commands and other skills necessary during walking. Learning can be engaged in independently or together with a filmologist. More complex disciplines needed for service dogs, it is better to learn after the occurrence of 10 months.
End of growth
The phase of active growth is terminated in 1.5-2 years. At this stage, the behavior of the dog is already harder than amenable to correction, so professional assistance may be required for re-education.
The period of maturity lasts from 2 to 8 years. All this time, animals can participate in breeding. The bitches knit no more than 1 time per year, but males - no more than 1 time per week. After losing the tribal value of animals sterilize to reduce the risk of developing oncology and other diseases.
After 8 years, old age comes. Pet loses their usual activity. Its wool freshes, and the teeth are loosened and falling out. The volume of portions reduce to avoid obesity. The ration add vitamins necessary to maintain cardiovascular and bone systems.
The ratio of dog and human years
The life expectancy of four-legged pets and their owners is very different. On average, it is 15 years old, so at this age dogs equal to pensioners.
For translation of dog years in human Use 3 techniques:
Simplified. The most famous and simple, but the least reliable one. The essence of this method is to use a single coefficient - numbers 7.
Lebo theory. It gives a more accurate ratio, but does not take into account the peculiarities of rocks with different body sizes. One year of the life of a pet is equal to 15 years old, 2 years - by 24 years, and each subsequent - to the amount of the previous value and 4.
Claiber law. The most accurate method that is repelled from the average life expectancy of rocks of different sizes. The coefficients used depend on the gabarites of the animal.
The modified version of Klaiber's Law explains the difference in the behavior of Dog and Chihuahua of the same age. After 5 years, representatives of large breeds are accelerated aging, so they become sluggish and low-active.
Defining the age of a dog allows you to choose the right conditions of care and content. Knowing an approximate number of years, you can avoid unplanned mating and infection with viruses due to the fall of passive immunity.
Remember that the animal found on the street still needs to show the veterinarian.
The article is a recommendation!